When our own Brian Gillis recently appeared on Remarkable Results Radio, he discussed his involvement in the group CAMP (Coalition of Automotive Management Professionals). The host Carm Capriotto quizzed Brian about this professional alliance of auto repair industry coaches.
Business Coach Discussion – Key Talking Points
- CAMP (Coalition of Automotive Management Professionals) started with a brainstorm two years ago. It was a casual get together with trainers at the Vision 2019 event.
- Auto repair shops should spend time with like-minded people, and peer network with each other. Business coaches also need to practice this.
- As of March 2021, CAMP became a legal entity.
- CAMP is a group of like minded individuals that want to move the industry forward. They aim to find the auto shops that need help. Then, they make sure that they receive that help.
- Always maintain the consistency of their message in the auto industry.
- Automotive repair business coaches also need to continue adapting and improving.
- Multi-shop ownership vs single shop ownership: You don’t need to own multiple shops in order to be successful, to stay relevant, or become a victim of consolidation.
- Have a life outside of the automotive business!
- An average five bay shop is missing between $25-30,000K net profit per bay, per year.
- Having a coach doesn’t mean you’re out of the business; Owners want to be able to enjoy working on their business and still being a part of it.
- Why are we afraid to help others? There is no secret! It’s time to help people move forward.
Learn More – Get Your FREE Strategy Session
Does your auto repair shop lack direction? Perhaps your business plan has stalled out. You need an experienced automotive industry coach to help you. Then why not schedule a FREE business strategy session with Brian? You’ve got nothing to lose, so sign up today!